The beautiful Vasquez Rocks Natural Area Park is a 932-acre park located in the Sierra Pelona Mountains, in northern Los Angeles County, California. This is an exclusive rock formation in this area. Which are the result of rapid erosion and uplift about 25 million years ago and later exposed by activity along the San Andreas Fault.
However, it is in Agua Dulce between the Antelope Valley and the Santa Clarita Valley north of Los Angeles and seen easily by motorists driving the Antelope Valley Freeway (CA 14). It is projected that more than 25 million years ago, the collision of the North American and Pacific tectonic plates uplifted the area along the Elkhorn Fault. Therefore, energetic erosion of the highland along with uplift and volcanism caused debris flow sediments to be distributed in alluvial fans into a speedily subsiding rift well-known as the Soledad Basin.
It is a favorite location of commercials, movies, and television due to its mesmerizing landscape. Vasquez Rocks have been used repeatedly in motion pictures, television series, and in moving and still-image advertisements. Many photographers like this rock place for photography purposes. It is also considered a heaven for hiking trails.
In the 1970’s the land and rock formations were acquired by the Los Angeles County government and added to the National Register of Historic places in 1972. His name has since been associated with this geologic feature. In 1873 and 1874, Tiburcio Vásquez, one of California’s most disreputable bandits, used these rocks to elude capture by law enforcement.
Because of its significance as a prehistoric site, the Vasquez Rocks comprise mainly of coarse-grained conglomerate and breccia sediments which were deposited nearby to active faults during rapid uplift and subsequent erosion of the San Gabriel Mountains. The Vasquez Rocks preferred to call it “Nature’s Haven” where the animals were trained and lived with them.
Vasquez Rocks are amazing and if you’re “Star Trek” fan then you will like it even more. The stunning rock formation has been nicknamed “Kirk’s Rock” due to being featured in several Star Trek episodes, each time representing a different planet Hike is good too although a little tricky at places. There is no fee to enter the park, but make sure collecting rocks is strictly prohibited.
Therefore, if you want to climb some of the rocks you should wear good quality shoes or climbing shoes. Moreover, you should bring adequate water in the summer as it gets very hot. The park activities include campfire nature talks, equestrian programs, a junior ranger program, seasonal special events, hiking, and horseback riding. Picnic areas are provided.
Read More – Keyhole Sink Arizona
Product You May Interested
- Feel Emotional Freedom! Release Stress, Heal Your Heart, Master Your Mind
- 28 Day Keto Challenge
- Get Your Customs Keto Diet Plan
- A fascinating approach to wipe out anxiety disorders and cure in just weeks, to become Anxiety free, relaxed, and happy.
- Flavor Pairing Ritual Supercharges Women’s Metabolisms
- The best Keto Diet Program
- Boost Your Energy, Immune System, Sexual Function, Strength & Athletic Performance
- Find Luxury & Designer Goods, Handbags & Clothes at or Below Wholesale
- Unlock your Hip Flexors, Gives you More Strength, Better Health, and All-Day Energy.
- Cat Spraying No More – How to Stop Your Cat from Peeing Outside the Litter Box – Permanently.
- Anti-aging nutritional unexplained weight gain, stubborn belly fat, and metabolic slowdown. Reach Your Desired Weight in a Week and Stay There.
- Get All Your Healthy Superfoods In One Drink
Originally posted 2017-12-25 15:32:30.