Here are some things you may not know about Chokundi Cemetery. The “Chokundi Cemetery”, named after the 600-year-old city of Khumshan, has a rich history buried in itself. The cemetery is located behind the Razzaqabad Police Training Center near Steel Town, about 38 km from Karachi Suni Shoraan, Hub Choki, Lasbela, Malir in the Sindh province of Pakistan.
What does Quadrant Mean?
The quadrilateral is called the “four corners”. All the tombs here have four corners, which is probably why it is known as “Chokundi Cemetery”. The tombs here are said to belong to two tribes, the Jokhio and the Baloch. Domes are supported by pillars.
The Chokundi cemetery is in a way divided into two parts. The number of graves is low in the eastern part and very high in the western part. The locals say that in the eastern part there are graves of Jokhio tribe while in the western part there are graves of Baloch people. They were mostly built during Mughal emperors rule dating back to the 15th and 18th centuries when Islam became a dominant religion.
The Chokundi Cemetery is a masterpiece of architecture and sculpture and is historically one of the most important cemeteries in Pakistan. All the tombs here are made of more sandstone. Rectangular tombs are usually two and a half feet wide, five feet long and four to six feet high. The tombs are regularly carved.
The tombs feature painting, flowers, various designs, headbands, motifs, mounted horsemen, hunting scenes, and latticework similar to the crowns of Egyptian kings. Moreover, the tall domes have been erected on some of the tombs, indicating that ordinary people are not buried in the Chokundi cemetery. The tombs are beautifully elaborate with sandstone carvings.
Men’s graves are marked with swordsmanship, horsemanship and swords, daggers, etc., while women’s graves are decorated with beautiful ornaments. Some people say about this place that at night, usually after sunset, there are screams and noises, but there is no conclusive evidence as to how true this is.
In Baluchistan and Sindh, this is a remarkable graveyard constructed with buff-colored sandstone. This type of graveyard well preserved in the arid condition, either single graves or groups of eight graved raised on a common platform.
Read More – Brazil High Rise Vertical Cemetery
Product You May Interested
- Feel Emotional Freedom! Release Stress, Heal Your Heart, Master Your Mind
- 28 Day Keto Challenge
- Get Your Customs Keto Diet Plan
- A fascinating approach to wipe out anxiety disorders and cure in just weeks, to become Anxiety free, relaxed, and happy.
- Flavor Pairing Ritual Supercharges Women’s Metabolisms
- The best Keto Diet Program
- Boost Your Energy, Immune System, Sexual Function, Strength & Athletic Performance
- Find Luxury & Designer Goods, Handbags & Clothes at or Below Wholesale
- Unlock your Hip Flexors, Gives you More Strength, Better Health, and All-Day Energy.
- Cat Spraying No More – How to Stop Your Cat from Peeing Outside the Litter Box – Permanently.
- Anti-aging nutritional unexplained weight gain, stubborn belly fat, and metabolic slowdown. Reach Your Desired Weight in a Week and Stay There.
- Get All Your Healthy Superfoods In One Drink.