On the coast of Oregon, there’s an odd natural hole that seems to be draining the sea. Thor’s Well is located in the Cape Perpetua Scenic Area, just three miles south of Yachats, a natural bowl-shaped hole carved out of the rough basalt shoreline. It’s a gaping; seemingly bottomless sinkhole swallows the unbroken stream of seawater around it. This is called “Thor’s Well” a very dangerous natural wonder is known, is not bottomless.
Thor’s Well is also known as the “drainpipe of the Pacific” and some call it “Gaping Hole”. About 20 Feet deep Thor’s Well is actually a hole in the rock that only appears to drain water from the ocean. Although the well is not quite as magic as it seems, it still manages to produce amazing sights however not for the faint of heart!
According to Gary Hayes, a publisher of Coast Explorer Magazine, the feature likely began out as a sea cave dug out by the waves before the roof eventually collapsed, leaving openings at the top and bottom through which the ocean surges and sprays. However, it’s a circular shape aside, not so different from the other features around it rugged Cook’s Chasm, a spouting horn and adjacent Devil’s Churn – but its shape and location, right against the Pacific Ocean, result in some pretty rare behavior.
Although it’s a treacherous spot, not for the reasons people generally think. Because, the past incidents took place here, due to people foolishness, they have been hit sneaker waves while looking at the feature. Those people didn’t get sucked into the hole, got plenty of scrapes and cuts against the sharp volcanic rock. After all, it’s the ocean that’s dangerous, not Thor’s Well. A sneaker wave can drag anybody into a watery grave anywhere along the Oregon coast, whether you are standing at the edge of a chasm or just walking down the beach. Thor’s Well is unique by shape and behavior only – otherwise, it’s just another fascinating hole in the basalt.
The Thor’s Well is the most amazing site at high tide during storms; it washes water violently over the rocks and funnels into the hole. Moreover, during the sudden torrents, unwary visitors to the site run the risk of being swept right into the maelstrom. Nevertheless, of high risks place, photographers and nature lovers continue to flock to the spectacular fountain to see the aggressive waters that live up to they godly namesake’s stormy personality.
There are plenty of other rugged and beautiful sites all around it, but Thor’s Well seems to be special. Maybe there is something mystical about it – but that power comes courtesy of the ocean, not the hole that is carved in the rock.
Product You May Interested
- Crush Food Cravings with Odd Water Hack and Melt 62lbs
- Flavor Pairing Ritual Supercharges Women’s Metabolisms
- Unlock your Hip Flexors, Gives you More Strength, Better Health, and All-Day Energy.
- 60 Seconds of Habit! That Reversed Type 2 Diabetes and Melted 56 lbs of Fat
- Boost Your Energy, Immune System, Sexual Function, Strength & Athletic Performance
- Longest Living Doctors Unlocks Fastest Way to Burn Fat
- Perfect Paleo Powder – The Easiest Way You Can Get the Protein & Critical Nutrients Your Body Needs
- Lose weight, burn fat, boost metabolism and immunity, Fight inflammation & Increase your energy with this one ridiculously simple thing.
- The Industry’s First Metabolism Fueling System That Heightens Thermogenesis Even While You Sleep.
- Resurge Supplement for their weight loss while deep sleep with zero side effects.
Originally posted 2017-06-03 01:53:37.